Darcy and mommy had a small stop on the way home from school today: Baskin Robbins! It was her first time to have ice cream there and she was a little apprehensive at first, but she soon was gobbling it up. Hope the pictures comes through of her cute happy face!
She turned 2 two days ago, and she can't wait to go to Sea World tomorrow for the last of her birthday celebrations. She is looking forward to seeing "Elmo, dolphins, Shamu, penguins, fish,...." We are going to have breakfast with Shamu and then roam the park. This will be our first trip to Sea World since Darcy was born, so we are all looking forward to it.
We have had a busy few months since the last time I blogged.
Grandy, my paternal grandfather, passed away on October 3rd which was a sad time for all of us; he was one week shy of being 99 years old. Jeremy was great to stay home with Darcy, so I could spend some time with my parents, Michael, Natalie, Mimi, and the rest of the Kelton family. It was a long week for all of us as I had to rush off to a work conference in Charlotte, NC the morning after the funeral. Darcy got to spend a few days with her Bebe & Grandaddy while I was in Charlotte. She loves to spend time with them.
When I got back Grandma Cici came to visit. She stay with us for over a week, and we had lots of fun times while she was here. It was so nice to have her around because I was able to make dinner while she played with Darcy or vice versa.
Last Saturday all four of us (our family plus Cici) drove to Huntington Beach to watch SkyyLee play soccer. SkyyLee loves to play the goalie. I think she loved have a big cheering section, too! After the game we went back to Jeremy's parent's house to celebrate Darcy's birthday. Darcy had her favorite meal for lunch noodles (Pick Up Stix chinese food included noodles, meat, and veggies!). Then we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. For having a small intimate, family party Darcy sure did get a lot of gifts. Thank you to everyone for that! SkyyLee's up next. She turns 7 early next month! Darcy will have to go shopping to find her just the right gift for her cousin.
On Darcy's actual birthday, she took pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to school to share with her friends. They sang Happy Birthday to her which is one of her favorite songs.
I guess that is enough for now.
Hope all is well with each of you!
Love,
The Ray Family

No comments:
Post a Comment